Difference between revisions of "NIC2.0"
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
Revision as of 12:54, 22 November 2017
NIC2.0 is the new and redesigned version of the former Neuroelectrics Instrument Controller (NIC) application.
With a modern and intuitive interface, NIC2.0 allows computers to interact and control Neuroelectrics devices, such as Enobio and Starstim. NIC2.0 is equipped with basic and advanced modes to design and monitor any experiment involving electroencephalography (EEG) and/or non-invasive brain stimulation with transcranial current stimulation (tCS).
-Real-time streaming and recording of multi-channel EEG data -Real-time filtering and visualization of EEG bands -Line noise filtering at 50 or 60 Hz -Tri-axial accelerometric data appended to EEG files
EEG time-frequency analysis
-Real-time Power Spectrum Density (PSD) plots, with configurable temporal windows -Real-time Spectrogram visualization -Power bar band or power ratio representation -Scalp and cortical (upcoming) maps with power distribution display -Customized workspaces for EEG analysis
Stimulation -Multi-step protocols for stimulation -Multi-electrode montages with upt to 32 channels -Basic and advances modes with tDCS, tACS and tRNS -EEG monitoring during stimulation -Sham and double blind modes for clinical studies -Customized waveforms for stimulation currents (upcoming)
3D Modelling with Stim Preview
-Finite Element Method (FEM) modelling incorporated in the software to simulate electric field distribution -Visualization of the electric field generated by tCS -Simulation of the electric field in the white or grey matter interfaces -Display of the potential, electric field magnitude and electric field components (tangential or orthogonal to cortical surface) -Single and double hemisphere views with medial cortex visualization -Electric field value visualization for chosen Automated Anatomical Labeling (AAL) cortical regions
-Lab Streaming Layer (LSL) protocol for event synchronization (jitter: 2 ms) -TCP/IP data streaming -Raw EEG and triaxial accelerometric data streaming via TCP/IP or LSL -Send and receive triggers via TCP/IP or LSL -File formats: plain text (ASCII), and EDF+ or NEDF (binary)
-NIC 2.0 is a redesigned platform that allows: -Control of multi-channel data transmission (EEG and Stimulation) -Real-time visualization of EEG features -Set-up the stimulation montage and parameters -Wireless device pairing, and wired connection options -Holter mode activation for SD card data storage -Single and double blinded features -Compatible with Windows and Mac OS X
NIC2.0 is intended to be used only with Neuroelectrics® devices. The 5G devices, with WiFi™ and/or USB connection, are all compatible with NIC2.0.
NIC2.0 is not compatible with out-dated Bluetooth® devices. Check the firmware version of your device and proceed accordingly:
• Firmware greater or equal to 1.2.51: Your device requires no upgrade – it is fully compatible with NIC2.0. Donwload NIC2.0 and start using it!
• Firmware inferior to 1.2.51, and greater or equal to 1.2.30: Your device requires a firmware update to become compatible with NIC2.0. Such update can be remotely performed. Contact NE Support – support(at)neuroelectrics.com – to schedule a session to remotely update your device.
• Firmware inferior to 1.2.30, and greater or equal to 1.2.07: Your device requires a firmware update to become compatible with NIC2.0. Such update must be done at Neuroelectrics manufacturing site. Contact NE Support – support(at)neuroelectrics.com – to manage the device shipment and upgrade process.
• Firmware inferior to 1.2.07: The device hardware must be upgraded to become compatible with NIC2.0. Contact NE Sales – sales(at)neuroelectrics.com – to request a device upgrade.
NIC2.0 is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS computers. The computer used to install NIC2.0 needs to have the following system requirements:
• Processor: 1.6 GHz
• RAM: 2 GB
• Interfaces: USB, WiFi and/or Bluetooth® (3.0 or 2.1)
• Screen resolution: 1280 x 768
Manual & Download
Use the following hyperlinks to have access to the NIC User Manual and respective installation files:
• NIC2.0 Installation Files for MAC and Windows
When downloading NIC2.0, you are asked to fill in a short form with basic information (name, email, affiliation and country). Such contact data are stored in Neuroelectrics® database and added to NIC mailing list. As a member of the NIC mailing list, you will be informed each time there is a new version of NIC and respective changes and/or improvements.