Difference between revisions of "NIC2.0"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 12:10, 22 November 2017
NIC2.0 is the new and redesigned version of the former Neuroelectrics Instrument Controller (NIC) application.
With a modern and intuitive interface, NIC2.0 allows computers to interact and control Neuroelectrics devices, such as Enobio and Starstim. NIC2.0 is equipped with basic and advanced modes to design and monitor any experiment involving electroencephalography (EEG) and/or non-invasive brain stimulation with transcranial current stimulation (tCS).
NIC2.0 is intended to be used only with Neuroelectrics® devices. The 5G devices, with WiFi™ and/or USB connection, are all compatible with NIC2.0.
NIC2.0 is not compatible with out-dated Bluetooth® devices. Check the firmware version of your device and proceed accordingly:
• Firmware greater or equal to 1.2.51: Your device requires no upgrade – it is fully compatible with NIC2.0. Donwload NIC2.0 and start using it!
• Firmware inferior to 1.2.51, and greater or equal to 1.2.30: Your device requires a firmware update to become compatible with NIC2.0. Such update can be remotely performed. Contact NE Support – support(at)neuroelectrics.com – to schedule a session to remotely update your device.
• Firmware inferior to 1.2.30, and greater or equal to 1.2.07: Your device requires a firmware update to become compatible with NIC2.0. Such update must be done at Neuroelectrics manufacturing site. Contact NE Support – support(at)neuroelectrics.com – to manage the device shipment and upgrade process.
• Firmware inferior to 1.2.07: The device hardware must be upgraded to become compatible with NIC2.0. Contact NE Sales – sales(at)neuroelectrics.com – to request a device upgrade.
NIC2.0 is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS computers. The computer used to install NIC2.0 needs to have the following system requirements:
• Processor: 1.6 GHz
• RAM: 2 GB
• Interfaces: USB, WiFi and/or Bluetooth® (3.0 or 2.1)
• Screen resolution: 1280 x 768
Manual & Download
Use the following hyperlinks to have access to the NIC User Manual and respective installation files:
• NIC2.0 Installation Files for MAC and Windows
When downloading NIC2.0, you are asked to fill in a short form with basic information (name, email, affiliation and country). Such contact data are stored in Neuroelectrics® database and added to NIC mailing list. As a member of the NIC mailing list, you will be informed each time there is a new version of NIC and respective changes and/or improvements.