NIC2.0 is the new and redesigned version of the former Neuroelectrics Instrument Controller (NIC) application.
With a modern and intuitive interface, NIC2.0 allows computers to interact and control Neuroelectrics devices, such as Enobio 8 and Starstim 32. NIC2.0 is equipped with basic and advanced modes to design and monitor any experiment involving electroencephalography (EEG) and/or non-invasive brain stimulation with transcranial current stimulation (tCS).
NIC2.0 is intended to be used only with Neuroelectrics® devices. The 5G devices, with WiFi™ and/or USB connection, are all compatible with NIC2.0.
NIC2.0 is not compatible with out-dated Bluetooth® devices. Check the firmware version of your device and proceed accordingly:
• Firmware greater or equal to 1.2.51: Your device requires no upgrade – it is fully compatible with NIC2.0. [http://www.neuroelectrics.com/download/NIC2.0.5_Setup.exe Donwload NIC2.0 and start using it!
• Firmware inferior to 1.2.51, and greater or equal to 1.2.30: Your device requires a firmware update to become compatible with NIC2.0. Such update can be remotely performed. Contact NE Support – support(at)neuroelectrics.com – to schedule a session to remotely update your device.
• Firmware inferior to 1.2.30, and greater or equal to 1.2.07: Your device requires a firmware update to become compatible with NIC2.0. Such update must be done at Neuroelectrics manufacturing site. Contact NE Support – support(at)neuroelectrics.com – to manage the device shipment and upgrade process.
• Firmware inferior to 1.2.07: The device hardware must be upgraded to become compatible with NIC2.0. Contact NE Sales – sales(at)neuroelectrics.com – to request a device upgrade.
NIC2.0 is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS computers. The computer where NIC2.0 is suppose to run must have the following minimum requirements:
• Processor: 1.6 GHz
• RAM: 2 GB
• Interfaces: USB, WiFi and/or Bluetooth® (3.0 or 2.1)
• Screen resolution: 1280 x 768
Manual & Download
Use the following hyperlinks to have access to the NIC User Manual and respective installation files:
When downloading NIC2.0, you are asked to fill in a short form with basic info (Name, Email, Affiliation and Country). Such contact data is stored in Neuroelectrics® database and added to NIC mailing list. As a member of the NIC mailing list, you will be informed each time there is a new version of NIC and respective changes and/or improvements.